Advancing clean transportation
This is Shaping Sustainable Places, a new Skanska podcast. We’re here to recognize, encourage and inspire stakeholders in the industry and beyond to accelerate the transition to a more sustainable, resilient, zero-carbon built environment. In each episode, we’ll be speaking with industry and civic leaders, policymakers and other champions of change to explore innovative solutions to real challenges.
The transportation sector is one of the biggest contributors to global carbon emissions. But in our globalized economy, the need for safe, fast and reliable transportation isn’t going away. Any path toward carbon neutrality has to include a strategy that enables people to move freely without compromising the environment. It needs to make transportation more accessible, efficient and sustainable.
This episode features Emma Head, Technical Service Delivery Director at HS2; Alexander Ståhle, PhD Urban Design, CEOat Spacescape, Founder at Placetoplan; and Ståle Rød, Executive Vice President at Skanska Group.
Each of these leaders describes ways they are working to make a positive impact on sustainable transportation:
- Emma explains the HS2 project — a UK high-speed railway — and how it is connecting the UK, while decarbonizing transportation.
- Alexander describes how smart urban design can both eliminate our reliance on fossil-fuel transportation and improve quality of life.
- Ståle offers examples of technological innovations that can help decarbonize transportation infrastructure during its construction.
Listen and subscribe to the podcast on:
Learn more at Foresight Hub.
Skanska is providing this podcast as a public service. Reference to any specific product or entity does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by Skanska. The views expressed by guests and hosts are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent. Views and opinions expressed by Skanska employees are those of the employees and do not necessarily reflect the view of Skanska or any of its officials. While Skanska endeavors to keep the information up to date and correct, Skanska makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the podcast or the information, products or services mentioned in the podcast for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- Ståle Rød, *Executive Vice President at Skanska Group
- Alexander Ståhle, PhD Urban Design, CEO Spacescape, Founder Placetoplan
- Emma Head, Technical Service Delivery Director at High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd
* Between recording the interview and the launch of this episode, Ståle Rød moved from his position as CEO at Skanska Norge AS to become an Executive Vice President at Skanska Group.